Medical and Surgical Dermatology
Hair Loss (Alopecia)
- Hair loss is a common problem that can affect people at any age. It can be causes by stress, hormonal changes, genetic predisposition, medications or skin conditions, among others.
- The most common types of hair loss are:
- Male pattern baldness (androgenic alopecia).
- Female pattern baldness.
- Alopecia areata (circular patches of hair loss).
- Telogen effluvium (temporary hair shedding caused by a specific stressor).
Our treatment approach:
The treatment of hair loss depends on the type, severity and suspected cause. It may involve taking an oral medication, using topical medications or undergoing injections.
|Topical minoxidil (Rogaine)||Cortisone injections|
|Platelet Rich Plasma Injections (PRP)|